MOBILE APPLICATION AND WEBSITE
Last Updated: December 19, 2022
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 18 OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, BELOW, CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT GOVERN HOW CLAIMS THAT YOU AND REIBUS HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS THAT YOU HAVE AGAINST REIBUS TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IN SECTION 18 OF THESE TERMS: (i) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST REIBUS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (ii) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS. THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 18 OF THESE TERMS COULD AFFECT YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN PENDING CLASS ACTION LITIGATION. PLEASE SEE SECTION 18 FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THESE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS, INCLUDING THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS’ IMPACT ON THE PENDING CLASS LITIGATION AND HOW TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION. THE TERMS OF SERVICE LIMIT THE REMEDIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
3. About Reibus and How the Services Work.
Reibus’ Services provide a dynamic, independent, and anonymous online platform for the purchase and sale of industrial material. Reibus is strictly a business-to-business platform operating as a reseller. Sellers interested in increasing sales or finding the highest, best use for excess, obsolete, or secondary material sign up through the website or contact us to receive an onboarding kit. Sellers complete the onboarding kit to provide key relevant information such as what material they wish to sell, the price they would like to receive, and the location and condition of the material. Reibus then lists the material on our Services and uses our marketing program and experienced sales team to find a buyer, at which point Reibus purchases the material from the seller and sells it to the buyer. Buyers and sellers using the Services remain anonymous to each other throughout the process, allowing them to take advantage of the power of the Services without fear of channel conflict or of disclosing sensitive inventory information to competitors. Reibus charges a very small listing fee to defray operating costs and generally makes its money by utilizing the reach of the Services and the experience of its sales team to find buyers willing to pay more than the seller’s asking price. Buyers using the Services can buy with confidence knowing that Reibus stands behind the material for sale on the site. In turn, sellers on the site are responsible to Reibus to provide quality material and remedy any defects. To preserve anonymity and provide a simple, one-stop solution, Reibus arranges transportation of the material where necessary.
4. The Services are For Use by Individuals 18 Years of Age and Older.
5. Purchases Made Through the Services.
Additionally, buyers are responsible for paying all invoices promptly. Unless otherwise specified, all sales made through the Services are cash in advance. Buyers who sign up for commercial credit through the Services agree to separate terms and conditions and acknowledge that credit may be provided by a third party.
6. Services Use Restrictions.
Without our prior written consent, you may not:
· Use any automated means to access this Services or collect any information from the Services (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automatic devices or programs);
· Frame the Services in any manner, utilize framing techniques to enclose any content or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over any Services’ pages, or otherwise affect the display of any pages on the Services;
· Engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
· Use the Services in any manner that violates applicable law or that could alter, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services; or
· Access, use or monitor our Services for benchmarking or any competitive purposes.
You understand and acknowledge that as a part of the Services, Reibus makes available the Marketplace, whereby sellers and buyers can sell and purchase various materials and offerings. Accordingly, there are certain terms specific to Marketplace that you need to be aware of, as further described below.
(a) Seller Responsibilities.
Sellers utilizing the Services are responsible for the following:
· Providing accurate information to Reibus on material available for sale and maintaining the accuracy of that information;
· Payment of any applicable seller subscription fees on a timely basis;
· Compliance with all laws;
· Promptly releasing sold material for pickup;
· Timely and accurately providing Reibus relevant information on material pickup limitations (pickup hours, appointment requirements, etc.);
· Promptly and professionally working with Reibus to resolve any disputes related to any defect in material sold; and
· Completing the sale of any bid/auction material for which you have accepted a bid. If you fail to complete any such sale other than as a result of some failure on behalf of Reibus, you agree to reimburse Reibus all costs and expenses incurred as a result thereof, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
(b) Buyer Responsibilities.
Buyers utilizing the Services are responsible for the following:
· Prompt payment of invoices;
· Providing accurate information for delivery and accepting delivery of purchased material. If you refuse to accept delivery of material you ordered, you agree to pay Reibus liquidated damages in an amount equal to twenty percent (20%) of the total cost of the material refused, as reflected by the Reibus invoice for said material;
· Compliance with all laws;
· Assuring you are purchasing the correct material for your needs;
· Completing the purchase of any bid/auction material for which you have submitted a bid that was accepted by the seller. If you fail to complete any such purchase, other than as a result in some defect in the material or failure on behalf of Reibus, you agree to reimburse Reibus all costs and expenses incurred as a result thereof, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
· Keeping Marketplace offering preferences up-to-date so that your designated customer service representative (each a “CSR” and collectively, “CSRs”) can rely on information selected by buyer for purchase-related decision, as further described below.
(c) Marketplace and CSRs. As part of the Marketplace feature, Reibus may connect users with a designated CSR who will assist Marketplace participants with purchases and/or sales, monitor Marketplace listings for potential available offerings based on a participant’s preferences and otherwise assisting with transactions through the Marketplace. Accordingly, where you use the Marketplace as a buyer, you hereby authorize Reibus and any assigned CSR to make purchases on your behalf through the Marketplace, based upon your offerings and preferences within Marketplace. Where you use the Marketplace as a seller, you hereby authorize Reibus and any assigned CSR to present offerings for sale through the Marketplace, based upon your offerings and preferences within the Marketplace. You shall be liable and responsible to the transaction counterparty, which may be Reibus, for any transaction made on your behalf by an assigned CSR. If you fail to complete any purchase or sale, whether initiated by you or an assigned CSR, you will remain liable and responsible for all fees associated with such transaction. Regardless of whether you are acting as a buyer or a seller, you will promptly take such steps as may be necessary to effectuate the agreed transaction, including remitting payment to the applicable seller or transferring offerings to the applicable buyer, either of which may be Reibus. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Reibus from and against any and all losses, damages, claims and other liabilities resulting from or arising out of your failure to complete any transaction initiated through Marketplace.
8. User Representations.
Parts of the Services may be accessed only by registering for an account and creating a password. Keep your password secure. You are responsible for the activities on your account. You represent, warrant, and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted or shared by you through the Services will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity, or other personal or intellectual property rights; or contain libelous, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful material. You will notify us promptly if you discover any unauthorized use of your account. We are not responsible for any losses resulting from unauthorized use of your account.
In addition, you agree not to use the Services to:
· Except where authorized by us, register for more than one User account, register or operate a User account on behalf of or for the benefit of any person who is not eligible to register for or operate a User account in their own name;
· Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with or authority to act on behalf of any person or entity;
· Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make publicly available through the Services any private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers, and credit card numbers, unless expressly authorized to do so by that third party;
· Upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Services; or
· Use or attempt to use another’s account without authorization from that person, or create a false identity through the Services.
9. Information Posted through the Services; Third Party Offerings and Websites.
You are solely responsible for the information that you post on or through the Services and your conduct regarding the Services. By posting information to or through the Services, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information; (b) maintain the security of your password and identification, to the extent you are provided a password and identification; (c) promptly notify us of any changes to information or circumstances that could affect your eligibility to continue using the Services; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
The Services may provide access to payment processing that is hosted and provided by third party service providers. As made available to you, third party service providers have additional terms and conditions that are different than these terms. To the extent not restricted by law or applicable agreements with third parties, Reibus is not responsible or liable for any third party acts or omissions or services they may provide you.
10. Consent to be Contacted.
To the extent required by applicable law, we ensure we make the proper disclosures and obtain consumer consent when collecting your contact information.
11. Intellectual Property
The “Reibus” name and all associated graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks, or trade dress in the United States. Reibus’ trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Reibus.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information (“Submissions”), provided by you to us through the Services are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Reibus. Reibus shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
If you believe that any material on the Services infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement addressed to Reibus at 1 Glenlake Parkway Northeast, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30328.
To meet the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification must be a written communication including the following:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works at that site;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
12. Mobile App; App Store.
Your use of the App Store Sourced Application must comply with the App Store’s “Terms of Service” or equivalent terms.
You acknowledge that the App Store Owner has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Store Owner, and the App Store Owner will refund the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you (if any) and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Store Owner will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between Reibus and the App Store Owner, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Reibus.
You and we acknowledge that, as between Reibus and the App Store Owner, the App Store Owner is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (1) product liability claims; (2) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (3) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
You represent and warrant that (1) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (2) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
13. Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the service or to receive further information regarding use of the service.
We reserve the right to change any and all content within the Services and any service offered through the Services at any time without notice.
We provide the Services “AS IS” and assume no responsibility for any failure to provide the Services to you. The Services may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. We may discontinue the Services or any goods or services available through the Services at any time and for any reason. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or cable network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on or through the Services, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person’s devices related to or resulting from use of the Services.
Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any user data, financial damages, lost profits, loss of business, or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Services. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, and that we EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND SATISFACTORY QUALITY.
15. Limitation of Certain Damage Types.
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED, IN NO EVENT WILL REIBUS OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY OF CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ANY OF US IS AWARE OF OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
16. Limitation of Liability Amount.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO US FOR THE SERVICES OR PRODUCT AT ISSUE IN THE THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM AND $20. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO FEES ARE PAID TO US FOR A SERVICE OR PRODUCT, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO, AT MOST, INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY OTHER DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE OUR LIABILITY FOR: (i) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM OUR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT; (ii) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS; OR (iii) ANY OTHER LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
17. Disputes, Governing Law, Venue, and Jurisdiction.
18. Arbitration Agreement & Dispute Resolution
Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with Reibus and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
Scope of Arbitration Agreement (“Arbitration Agreement”). You acknowledge and agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your access or use of the Services or to any other aspect of your relationship with Reibus will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify, so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis; and (2) you or Reibus may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). This Arbitration Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose before this or any prior agreement. NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, THERE MAY BE LAWSUITS AGAINST Reibus ALLEGING CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS. SUCH CLAIMS, IF SUCCESSFUL, COULD RESULT IN SOME MONETARY RECOVERY TO YOU. THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE LAWSUITS DOES NOT MEAN THAT SUCH LAWSUITS WILL ULTIMATELY SUCCEED. BUT IF YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATION WITH Reibus, YOU ARE AGREEING IN ADVANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR SEEK TO RECOVERY MONETARY OR OTHER RELIEF UNDER SUCH CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE LAWSUITS. INSTEAD, BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU MAY BRING YOUR CLAIMS AGAINST Reibus IN AN INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. IF SUCCESSFUL ON SUCH CLAIMS, YOU COULD BE AWARDED MONEY OR OTHER RELIEF BY AN ARBITRATOR.
Arbitration Rules and Forum. This Arbitration Agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act in all respects. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent: The Corporation Trust Company, Corporation Trust Center, 1209 Orange St., Wilmington, DE 19801. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitration fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Reibus will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. If the AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum.
Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If, however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor Reibus is entitled to arbitration. Instead, all claims and disputes will then be resolved in a court as set forth in Section 18 (Disputes, Governing Law, Venue and Jurisdiction) above.
19. Limitation on Time to File Claims.
PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS AND PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR ANY CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT.
21. No Agency.
Nothing herein shall be construed as creating any partnership, employment, agency or joint venture relationship between the parties with respect to the subject matter set forth herein.