Lead Backend EngineerApply
Be a master in connecting everything and everyone.
About the role
API masters are what we need! We know that there is one out there that loves to find new ways to connect everything and everyone, who has an itch for leadership, and gets excited about a start-up culture that’s changing the status quo. Leading a team that’s building a platform that will reinvent supply chain processes for our customers and have grit to always raise the bar … that’s the DNA of this role.
Database and DevOps skills will be used daily as you point, poke, and work closely with the rest of the team to create APIs, build Lambda functions, configure databases, and setup infrastructure. You will help streamline existing processes with automation, as well as troubleshoot issues across multiple environments. You will establish and upgrade infrastructure for our platform using AWS, enhance our continuous integration, and provide help to others as they learn the best practices to achieve optimal productivity, stability, and security.
We would like this position to be based in Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA but are open to considering remote candidates as well.
What will you be doing?
- Creating full stack applications using JS, React, Node JS, AWS and other microservices
- Steer others and produce improvement in back end development
- Collaborating with other teams to determine business needs
- Using customer feedback to build new features
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 years experience in front end development required
- Experience and passion around leading and mentoring more junior engineers
- Experience in a fast paced start-up environment
- Expert in Node.JS, Python, Java, or other popular programming languages
- Experience with AWS Lambda Functions preferred
- Expertise in ORMS including Prisma, Spring, or Hibernate. Prisma expertise preferred
- Experience in setting up systems to monitor for bugs or performance issues
- Expertise in RDBMS systems including Posgres or MySQL. Cloud based versions of these preferred
- Expert in cloud based environments like AWS, GCP, or Azure. AWS expertise preferred.
- Expert in microservices, event based architectures, or serverless solutions
Our diversity is our strength. Reibus is committed to creating a culture that allows great people to do awesome things. We learn from each other, and our individual differences power that learning. We welcome the contributions you can bring as a result of your unique combination of experiences, opinions, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, age, national origin, disability status, and/or beliefs. We are an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that what makes you different makes us stronger.
Come be a part of the diverse Reibus family!
Learn more about becoming part of the Reibus family by emailing us at email@example.com.